Inspired by the article at Techcrunch here are some more tips:
- Four fingers drag up (iPad) – brings up the app switcher.
- Five finger pinch (iPad) – shows the home screen.
- Go to Settings, select General, then select Accessibility; turn Assistive Touch on, and it will add a floating home button to your screen.
- In the keyboard, touch and hold a key to bring up special characters associated with that key
- Moving icons around and want to exit the squiggly icons mode without using the home button? Pull down the notification center.